Monday, December 15, 2008

My Car Accident

So, the day after Thanksgiving, I drove my new van off the side of the road and hit a big rock. I could have taken pictures of my van, but you wouldn't have seen anything wrong. It was all underneath. I pretty much gutted the van! All the boys were okay, Caleb thought it was a cool explosion and said it looked like we were in a marshmellow fight. Everything would have been fine and no injuries, if the stupid airbags didn't go off. Our van has an airbag underneath the steering wheel, the plasic piece popped off and did all the damage to my legs. Later that night, I went to the ER. They treated me for the burns of the air bags. Nothing was broken, just bruised, swollen and ugly!
This is the day of the accident, right after it happened. (Don't mind my ugly legs, just look at the bruises!)

Two days later....



Five days later.....(getting the ugly yellow color now)




I know, not so pretty pictures, but my sister Emily really wanted to see them. So here you go Em!! Enjoy!
I am fine now. I can walk and it doesn't hurt anymore. Hopefully I can get back to running again.
Oh yeah, I should be getting a new van tomorrow. Yeah !!!!!!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

that really sucks! your bruises look terrible- stupid air bags! stupid rock! im glad you found a new van, and an even bette one!

Tylar and Ryann's world said...

Thanks Rach - I have shared your pics with the whole of my work. We all agree "that must hurt" - I'm glad they don't hurt you any more and really glad you finally (after some talking to) went to the hospital that night.
Love you loads - see you soon.

Kara J said...

Painful!

Jen said...

I'm glad you guys are all okay! Looks painful!