Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Sweet Caleb

On friday Oct 9th, Caleb had an accident. He was roasting marshmellows with his cousin. He had a skewer and was running backwards with it, he then tripped. The skewer went in through his eye socket and up into his brain. (Lesson to learn, DON'T RUN WITH SHARP OBJECTS!!!) We took him to the ER first, (we didn't know that it had gone up into the brain, we were first concerned about his eye. They did a CAT scan, when they realized how far it had gone up, they transported him to the ICU at Bostons Childrens Hospital.
They are keeping him sedated, giving his body the time to heal. They think that maybe tomorrow, they might take him off the sedatives and let him start to wake up on his own. Kurt and I are anxious for him to wake up, they won't take out his breathing tube til he is awake. (We don't like the breathing tube!)
The doctors are positive about his recovery, it is just going to take a lot of time!
I will keep updating this letting you all know how Caleb is doing. I will not be putting pictures of him up anytime soon. I will wait til he is looking more like himself.
Thank you all for your prayers and thougths so far. We really appreciate everyone!

11 comments:

Josh and Jaime said...

Im so sorry to hear that. What a terrible thing to go through. I am glad he will be okay. He is in our thoughts and prayers.

Amy said...

Please let me know what happens. I am sorry to hear about his accident. I cried when I heard what happened. I love you and miss you Rachel. Do you need any chocolate? Love ya, Amy

Jana said...

Oh Rachel! We are praying for Caleb! Sweet little Caleb! He will be okay. I wish I was there to hug you!
Keep us updated!

Constance said...

You guys are in our prayers.

Kara J said...

Love you guys! We get calls every night for updates from everyone so concerned for Caleb and your family. Still praying!

Hales Family said...

I'm so sorry that your family is going through this. I will definitely keep you all in my prayers-- especially Caleb.

I'm glad that he will make a full recovery. He is such a cute boy!

Sending lots of love and prayers your way!

forexcalendar said...

Rachel, I am so sorry hear that. We will definitely keep Caleb in our prayers.

lydia said...

Oh, Rachel, I can only imagine how horrible that would be. Thank you for letting us all know so we can keep Caleb and all of you in our prayers.

Total Well Coach said...

Kurt & Rachel,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We started our practice last night with a big shout for Caleb at center ice. Miracles happen every day and we are praying for Caleb's miracle.

Joyce Strong

Jen said...

Rach, I'm so sorry! I haven't been on own blog since I started school, therefore I haven't checked any others. Let me know if there's anything at all I can do. You guys are in our prayers. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of all of you. Ian asks about Caleb everyday. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
The Gibbons Family