Sunday, October 18, 2009

Slow Day

They reduced Caleb's meds in half early in the morning. He has been awake at little spurts during the day, but not as awake as we would like him to be. He were hoping his breathing tube would come out today, but he didn't wake up enough for that. So, now we are hopeful for tomorrow. He was able to squeeze Kurts hand, wiggle his toes and nod yes when asked "Do you love your Dad?" Obviously Kurt was asking the questions. It was exciting seeing him respond to us. We consider today a good day, but really slow!
Tomorrow is Carters birthday, we are hoping the tube is out so that Carter can come see him. Kurt and I don't want Carter to see Caleb with all the tubes down him.
It is hard trying to balance the time with all the kids. I want to be here with Caleb and see all his progress, but yet I want to be home with the other boys. (Especially Carter, he is old enough that he knows that something is going on.) If anyone sees Carter tomorrow, please wish him a happy birthday!!! 5 years old is a big deal!

15 comments:

O'Babies said...

Yay! Go Caleb!!

miche said...

That is wonderful news, that he is responsive! I'm so sorry that he still has to have the tubes though. I do wish Carter a happy 5th birthday tomorrow!!!

Jennifer said...

We are praying for Caleb everyday. Joshua misses him at primary. What a fighter he is. We will hope for more good news tomorrow for you and your family...and Happy Birthday to Carter!

k and j said...

So glad to hear of the improvements. We will continue our prayers and hope that the celebrations for the birthday and other things will begin! JEannie

Unknown said...

Great News Rachel... we are all praying for him

NJTulin said...

Hey Rach adn Family just want you to know i'm thinking of you and am glad things are going good! I love you! Tell carter Happy Birthday your right five is a big deal. Nicole

tHe FeLt CrEw said...

oh Rachel I can't even imagine what you guysmust be going through! I know how boys can be, but i am definatly more cautious Now that I have read your story! I will keep your family in our prayers! It's exciting to hear of his improvements! I am sure things will only get better from here! you guys take care!

emilia said...

Rachel we've been so impressed by your faith and positive attitude through what I know is a terrible situation. Caleb is so lucky to have such wonderful parents. We are constantly thinking and praying for you and know that your little hockey star is going to be just fine! We were so glad to here about all his progress-keep it up Caleb!

Mosscrop Family said...

Glad to hear that Caleb is getting better. Please know that all of you are in our thoughts and prayers. The Groton Mite 2 hockey team all got special laces at their game yesterday morning to wear in honor of Caleb! Please tell Carter we said Happy 5th Birthday! If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know!

Amy said...

I also pray that things will begin to improve. I miss you so much! That is it I am sending you chocolate. You need it. I wished that I was there to help you out.

carina said...

That is great news!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Happy Birthday Carter!

Carina (mom of Jacob Perrin, Huskies goalie - Squirt Minor)

Jen said...

Yay, Caleb! Not long now before he'll be back home running around again! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE CARTER!!!! Hope you have an amazing birthday! Rach, jsut wanted to let you know that you are an amazing woman, and an extrodinary mother. Your kids are so lucky to have you as their mom. You take the word mother to a whole other level! Love you guys tons!

Rindy and Shane said...

Rach -

I just barely got your e-mail and read your blogs. I hope Caleb continues to heal and get better. That's super positive that he is reponding to you guys and recognizing everybody. My prayers are with you guys!

Total Well Coach said...

High Five Caleb... Stay strong and know we are all thinking about you every day.

Happy 5th birthday to Carter... wow, 5 years old. That is hard to believe. I bet I know what he wants for his birthday... we all do that.

Lots of love from Joyce Strong and the Strong family... please call on us if there is anything we can do to help.

Unknown said...

That is great news that he is responding. We have been praying for Caleb and will continue to until he makes a full recovery. Happy 5th Birthday to Carter. Lisa Weldon - Blake's mom